John Grimes Partnership Ltd. – Privacy and Cookie Statement
This Statement sets out on how we manage your privacy rights, collect and handle personal data and provides information on cookies used on this website. We are committed to a policy of protecting the rights and privacy of individuals with whom we have a business relationship, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) May 2018.
1. Privacy and Security
JGP, as a data controller, shall adhere to the eight data protection principles of good practice:
- Process personal data fairly and lawfully – JGP will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that individuals on whom we obtain personal data from are fully informed of the purposes of any processing, any disclosures to third parties that are envisaged; given an indication of the period for which the data will be kept, and any other information which may be relevant. Any personal information obtained and held by JGP will be processed on the following legal basis:
- on a contract basis with our clients and sub-contractors;
- as an employer meeting our legal obligations during and after employment with JGP;
- as a potential employer in assessing job applications in accordance with legal requirements;
- legal obligations; and
- legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, (for example: relevant and appropriate relationships with stakeholders, or reasonable expectation).
JGP uses XERO accounts / payroll software. The link to their privacy statement is as follow:
- Process the data for the specific and lawful purpose for which it collected that data and not further process the data in a manner incompatible with this purpose – JGP will ensure that the reason for which it collected the data originally is the only reason for which it processes those data, unless the individual is informed of any additional processing before it takes place.
- Ensure that the data is adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose for which it is processed – JGP will not seek to collect any personal data which is not strictly necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained. Forms for collecting data will always be drafted with this mind. If any irrelevant data are given by individuals, they will be destroyed immediately. JGP will not sell or rent your personal data to third parties.
- Keep personal data accurate and, where necessary, up to date – JGP will review and update all data on a regular basis and ensure that any notification regarding a change in details is noted and acted on.
- Only keep personal data for as long as is necessary – JGP undertakes not to retain personal data for longer than is necessary to ensure compliance with the legislation, and any other statutory requirements. This means JGP will undertake a regular review of data held and will dispose of any personal data in a way that protects the rights and privacy of the individual concerned. A log will be kept of the records destroyed.
- Process personal data in accordance with the rights of the data subject under the legislation – JGP will only process personal data in accordance with individuals’ rights. Individuals have various rights under the legislation including a right to:
- be told the nature of the information the Company holds and any parties to whom this may be disclosed;
- prevent processing likely to cause damage or distress;
- prevent processing for purposes of direct marketing;
- be informed about the mechanics of any automated decision-making process that will significantly affect them;
- not have significant decisions that will affect them taken solely by automated process;
- sue for compensation if they suffer damage by any contravention of the legislation;
- take action to rectify, block, erase or destroy inaccurate data; and
- request that the Office of the Information Commissioner assess whether any provision of the Act has been contravened.
- Put appropriate technical and organisational measures in place against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data, and against accidental loss or destruction of data – All employees are responsible for ensuring that any personal data which they hold is kept securely and not disclosed to any unauthorised third parties. JGP will ensure that all personal data is accessible only to those who have a valid reason for using it. JGP will have in place appropriate security measures. In addition, JGP will put in place appropriate measures for the deletion of personal data (as detailed in point 5 above).
- Ensure that no personal data is transferred to a country or a territory outside the European Economic Area (EEA) unless that country or territory ensures adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data – JGP will always seek the consent of individuals before placing any personal data (including photographs) on its website.
A full copy of JGP’s Data Protection Policy is available on request.
By consenting to this Privacy and Cookie Statement you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting the Privacy Officer (as detailed below).
Subject Access Rights (SARs)
Individuals have a right to access any personal data relating to them which are held by JGP. Any individual wishing to exercise this right should apply in writing to the Administration Manager (email@example.com). The Company reserves the right to charge a fee for data subject access requests (currently £50 for a single request). Under the terms of the legislation, any such requests must be complied with within 40 days.
Monitoring and Complaints
JGP has nominated a Privacy Officer to monitor the Company’s data protection activities to ensure compliance; and that any personal data collected and used by JGP are dealt with properly, lawfully and securely however it is collected, recorded and used. The Privacy Officer can be contacted at:
John Grimes Partnership Ltd
The Barns, Leonards Road
Tel: +44(0) 1752 690533
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by JGP, please contact the Privacy Officer. Any complaints would be dealt with in accordance with our Complaints Procedure. The Privacy Officer would acknowledge a compliant has been received; investigate the complaint and take appropriate action.
If your complaint is regarding how a previous complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioner:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Tel: +44(0) 303 123 1113
This website uses the following ‘cookies’, which are used to store some information on computers accessing the website.
WordPress: WordPress uses several cookies to verify who you are. There are cookies for users and for commenters visiting the website. For more information visit:
Google Analytics: This cookie tracks the path of visitors through the website and identifies returning visitors. Statistics derived from this information help us identify how well certain pages and aspects of the site perform and where we can make improvements to help visitors access the information they need more quickly and with less hassle. For more information visit: https://www.google.com/analytics/#
Session Cookie: This cookie stores a simple message when a form is submitted that can be displayed on a different page. For example, if an enquiry form is completed incorrectly, a message will be stored and presented to the user to indicate the errors in the submission. When an enquiry form is submitted successfully, a message is stored and presented to the user thanking them for their enquiry. No personal information is stored in this cookie
Managing cookies – Most web browsers will allow you to block cookies or delete them from your computer’s hard drive. If cookies are deleted or blocked, some parts of the website may not fully function. For more information on managing cookies, visit:
3. Links to Other Websites and Services
This Privacy and Cookie Statement applies only to this website and not to any linked third-party website. JGP are not responsible for the content or services of other websites linked to or from this website. If you use a link to a third-party website, you are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies. We are not responsible for, and we do not control over, any third-parties that you authorize to access your User Content. If you allow a third-party access to you User Content you do so entirely at your own risk.